Team comes through, by Gary Davis



So petty, so juvenile.

We are talking about the wonderful compass in the rosewood box, how the advanced mastery people are so excited to have the lovely gift, and Carol says, wonder how that great gift came around. Guess we have some special woman who has a gift for finding just the right thing, and everyone agrees.

Except it was not her idea, it was my idea. MINE MINE MINE. I thought of that. I feel like the D golfer in a captain's choice much of the time around here. The D golfer is the worst one, and when the other three hit their ball in the foursome, the D guy's ball is never the best, no matter how good it is. Mostly he spends his day not having a good enough shot to count, maybe one putt or one chip rolls close and then the rest of the team makes a big deal for him.

Well this was my one thing I came up with. And now it is Nancy's.

SO here is the moment. Everyone is praising her and I can either say something or smile and praise Nancy too. After all she is the one who found this compass and got it all handled, so I smile and let it go.

Then Nancy says, well it was Gary's idea. And suddenly I am so acknowledged I almost could cry. I thank Nancy for saying so, and we move on.

Truth is that I was going to be fine. But Nancy would probably never know how important it was to me to be acknowledged as well. Do we ever know how big a little acknowledgement will be. I remember the client story about the scientist that was acknowledged right when she was really ready to leave the company and stayed.

I was not about to leave, and I feel like such a baby for having such a moment, but thanks to Nancy, the moment was only 30 seconds long, and then I could see what a baby I was. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Left When We Leave the Room, by Nancy Dorrier

Guns, by Jane Smith

Angkor Wat in Cambodia by Nancy Dorrier